Friday, October 28, 2011

The hazards of cleaning

I decided to be all housewifey the other day and dust every surface of my house.  This doesn't happen very often, I mean, I dust, but not everything.   You know what I'm talking about, you clean the same basic things over and over...but every once in awhile the tops of your dresser and books and windows have to be wiped down when you can see 2 inches of dust on them.  Or maybe you don't, maybe you regularly clean everything all the time...but I doubt it.  So since I'm too short to reach the top of the windows, I decided to stand on the bed to dust.  Rather than step gracefully down like a lady (which normally I do) I decided to plop down on my bottom from standing up, kind of like you did when you were a 8 year old on the trampoline.  It seemed like it'd be fun, jumping down on my soft bed and jumping to the floor, sprucing up cleaning time a bit.  Instead I jumped down and sprained my wrist.   
The  hazards of being a housewife.   I kept rehurting it trying to take care of the baby and various things until I finally got a brace.   Moral of the story:  only I could make house cleaning a dangerous job.  I'm pretty sure I should play it safe and never clean again.

Dream on dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment