Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Vi turns 5

It just kind of crept up this year... I can't believe it's already time for Vi's annual blog.



She came up to me this week and said, "Mom, if I could stay 4 I would...I want to, it's just that I'm going to keep growing."  I asked her why she wanted to stay 4 (besides the fact that I want her to stay my little girl) and she replied, "well, being a grown up is a LOT of work, and I like being a kid".  

Maybe she's realizing this is her last year in preschool.  Maybe I'm realizing it and can't believe it.

She continues to grow and amuse us and of course, become more and more independent.

There were new parenting obstacles;  helping a 4 year old process grief was painful.  It was the first time we saw our daughter experience true heartbreak, and it broke our hearts as well.

Then there were the same old parenting obstacles, this kid can still whine and carry on with dramatics in an almost impressive way.   Except we're not impressed.   I guess I gotta give her credit for her fierce stubbornness right?

I have been so fortunate to be able to take her to work with me and watch her grow with others.  The thing I take the most joy in watching is her capability to be friends with ANYONE.  She has one little friend who she has been friends with since they started as 2 year olds together, who she loves dearly, yet she is frequently playing with children in all the other classes as well...if you're willing to play, you've got a friend in Vi.  



She loves Charlotte.  She calls her onto her bed, outside to play, she tries playing hide and seek with her.   Seeing a kid play with their dog is always endearing.

It's amazing to see how she stays true to who she has always been, but grows in it.  She continues to be sensitive and tender hearted, yet adventurous and daring.  She loves people, but also loves time to herself to read and relax.  She laughs, delights and admires easily and still outwits me when I'm not paying attention.


Another year slipping by so quickly, filled with tears, joy, laughter and adventures.  You don't have to remind us to appreciate it because it goes quickly...we are quite aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment