Monday, December 10, 2012

A Pregnant Woman's Dream Come True.

A few months ago, my sister told me about this research company that did diaper studies.  You just asked to sign up, when they needed you, they called you, supplied your diapers for the month, took them when they were dirty, AND paid you for it.  I was pretty excited about the prospect of this opportunity until I found out I didn't qualify because I work in the child care field.   Lame.

I did however end up on their 'list' of other research trial opportunities.  I receive random emails where I fill out a survey, if my answers seem to be what they're looking for, they will call me up, and I can either go in for whatever they are testing, or they can send me samples to try out, and give them my feedback.  Recently, I received a questionnaire all about candy, and they must have liked however I responded because I got a call a few days later.  After a couple more calls it was set up for me to come in to do 'taste sampling'.   For my time, they were going to pay me.

Reese's Peanut Butter cup sampling AND money?! YES!
I show up today, get set up, go to the room, and find out we are sampling Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!  I cannot even begin to tell you how extremely excited I am at this point...you mean to tell me, I get to eat Reese's Peanut Butter samples and you're going to pay me?!  Really??  Excellent!  Oh...but it only gets better.  I eat my first peanut butter cup, and answer some questions.  How was it?  Amazing.  Did I like it?  Loved it.  How was the chocolate?  How did it look?  How was the peanut butter? How was the peanut butter/chocolate ratio and so forth.... my answers?  excellent. excellent.  excellent...excellent!  MORE peanut butter cups!   I ate my peanut butter cup, and the 2nd sample is brought out, another peanut butter cup, I answer pretty much the same. "Chocolate and peanut butter is soooo gooood!  yay! more peanut butter cups!"  Then I ask how many samples are we having today?  7.   SEVEN!   7 WHOLE peanut butter cups!  That's 3 and a half candy bars!  Are you kidding me?!   I start realizing, I do not in fact, need to be eating 3 and a half candy bars, so my next sample I take just one bite and start answering the same questions... but wait... hmm... how was that peanut butter?  I better try another bite of this sample to make sure I know for sure.  Next sample... one bite... yum.... but wait... am I sure how I really feel about the chocolate on that one?  Better take another bite...  You can see where this is going.... I didn't eat 7 whole peanut butter cups... but it definitely got out of control pretty quick.

Honestly, I couldn't tell much different between them... they did in fact taste different, and I remember one was not as good, another was really good, but they were all peanut butter and chocolate and I felt like they really couldn't do much to screw that up.  My taste results were probably not what they were hoping for in that my scale went from "excellent" to "more excellent!"

What could be better than sitting around and eating Reese's Peanut Butter cup samples while pregnant?  Going back for ANOTHER 3 days of Reese's sampling!  AND... remembering I'm getting PAID for this!  I kept giggling to myself as I ate my samples thinking "Is this really happening? Am I eating candy AND getting paid?!  This can't be real!"  As I left the research facility I called a couple friends just to tell them my good fortune, I honestly couldn't believe this was happening to me.

Only the best dessert...ever. 
That should be enough right?  Eating the best candy and getting paid for it... but it does in fact get better.  Tonight was our staff Christmas dinner... where we ate at my favorite restaurant, Paulo and Bills.  After eating candy all afternoon and getting a delicious dinner that 'should' have been enough... no need for dessert right?  Wrong.   You forget that Paulo and Bills makes my personal favorite dessert on Earth... the filo brownie!  Man, that'd be too much sugar in a day... I do NOT care... it's SOOO goood!   So yes, I ordered it... and thus ended the best day of my pregnant life.

Clearly this day has left an impact... as I am writing an entire blog about my day of eating.  You're welcome.  We'll just see how I'm doing here in a few days when my 'study' is over and I am crashing from sugar withdrawl...

1 comment: