Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Ezekiel turns 4

So here we go, Ezekiel is turning 4.  I'm thankful to be leaving three's... can I just say... those potty training days are not my favorite.   That being said...hooray for four!  Three has been endearing and adventurous.  Ezekiel's vocabulary has grown tremendously this year, and it's only made him more entertaining.  

I love the twinkle in his eye when he is thinking about doing something adventurous....or when he is about to be a rascal.   Those are practically his two favorite things in life.   

He loves pretending...he will play by himself for hours building tracks and having trains go in circles or driving his Paw Patrol cars around on the floor.  His imagination is what I have always encouraged in children throughout the years and I love seeing his bloom and grow.   


He loves going outside by himself or with his sister.  I watch him from the window as he marches around with confidence as he defeats evil villains with his super powers.  He believes he is invincible, which leads him to decisions that cause my anxiety to skyrocket, while at the same time my heart to swell with pride.
Fighting is one of his favorite pastimes, he punches every guy he loves.   

He is still my cuddly child, I know that it won't last forever, and try to make it a point to sit and cuddle with him every day.  He is growing faster than I can handle, I can barely pick him up anymore..and for the sake of my back probably shouldn't.   

He is the joy giver in our family.  No matter what is going on, he will find a way to make us smile.  There is a song in his heart, singing comes from him and most the time I'm not even sure he notices it.  One of his favorites to sing with abandon while doing other things is "Mr. Sun".

He is a child of many expressions, and they're all my favorite.  


1 comment: