Friday, December 30, 2011

I called this blog "rantings" for a reason.

While most people have been writting blogs about the beauty and joy of christmas, perhaps writting reflective thoughts after the holidays and looking forward to the new years resolutions...I have decided to spend my writing efforts trying to get my favorite chocolate back.   Below is an email I sent to Godiva today... I hope it works... it'd probably work better if each of you would also email them and let them know you'd wish the same:

I'm sending this email in hopes that if Godiva is made aware of how incredibly terrible of a mistake they have made that they may fix it.  The chocolate raspberry stars have by FAR been my favorite chocolates ever made.  I found out awhile ago that they stopped making them, which in my opinion is the WORST mistake that has ever been made in the history of chocolate making!  I tried a white chocolate raspberry star... disgusting.  I'm sure if I had never experienced the greatness of the chocolate raspberry stars that the white chocolate one would seem delicious enough, but I am not fooled by this unsatisfactory available option.  My husband for years had gotten me this special treat for our anniversary, and the  poor man is set up for failure every year when he knows I will only be disappointed no matter how great his efforts of spoiling me for our special day are.  Diamonds?  psh.  Flowers?  whatever.  white chocolate raspberry stars?  our marriage may very well be on the rocks!  Maybe the chocolate stars were not your highest selling item, and I understand marketing and making money in most businesses.  However, I had hoped Godiva was more passionate about the art of chocolate than the business.  Please, bring back your mastering the arts of chocolate with the chocolate raspberry stars.  For me, for my marriage, for the art of chocolate.
Sincerly,
   Sasha Logan

If you have not had the said chocolates, you should still email them, so you can try them.   Ridiculous?  Absolutely.  But hey, if it works, then it was well worth it!   Hope eveyrone had and wonderful Christmas.  We had a great Christmas, but I've wasted all this space about chocolates and don't much feel like typing anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get your chocolate back. I've never tasted that kind, so probably a good thing if they're that incredible. But now I'll never know...unless you can get your chocolate back.

    ReplyDelete